Friday, May 26, 2006

It's

now or never.

I have decided to give up sleep. Not all sleep. Just an hour or so. See, the thing is: I figure we can either sleep in everyday until 6AM and die young, OR we can rise at 5, head downstairs and out the door for a walk before we return home to shower and get ready for work. Heck, I'm in hormone hell lately anyway and frequently awaken at 4ish. Going back to sleep at that hour leads me to waking up when the alarm goes off (the first time - I hit snooze MANY, MANY times after) at 5:30 feeling like I've been hit by a truck - groggy, sleepy, grumpy, dopey. You get the picture. So I might as well just get up and get moving. I'll feel better.

We simply MUST do this. Neither of us is motivated enough after a long day at work and long commutes to come home and head out to walk/ride/whatever. So we don't. Consequently, we are getting too large in certain places and we simply can't sit around doing nothing. If we don't start to MOVE MORE, we will not live long enough to spend our vast fortune. And we certainly don't want to leave a gazillion dollars to our children, lest they become self-centered, spoiled beings existing on the hard work of their parents for the rest of their lives. We could of course, leave all our money to some obscure charity like 'Save the Wombats' - and I periodically threaten the kids with doing just that - but there's no fun in Wombats. They won't appreciate it. I hope to live a really long time and spend our retirement savings. Travel, etc. Which we won't be able to do if we don't MOVE, NOW.

So, I have convinced J. that we are going to arise early together and head out the door together in the early morning hours and move our asses. If the two of us help cajole the other, we will do it. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dead of morning can stop us. Yeah, right.

Seriously, J. We are GOING to do this. I love you and want us both to live a long, long time. We have a lot of fun times ahead sans children and I want to be around to enjoy them and want you by my side. I'm just saying -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...