Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hummingbird II

I napped yesterday. I'm a big napper and most weekends, (especially Saturdays), I try to get in a nap between 1 and 3. So with J. and the kids in Tulare visiting J's brother, I indulged in a much needed, very good nap.

While I napped, something knocked the hummingbird nest off the windchime. When I headed outside to get the mail, the nest was gone form the windchime. I found it, empty - no shells, no nothing - on the ground below the chime. It looks like a bird of some kind knocked it off and ate the contents. OR, there never was anything in the nest and she was tending to nothing - which doesn't make sense.

There's still plenty of time for her to build another nest, so we'll see if she does.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...