Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Free Play Weekly

For the 2nd week in a row, I turned my trek to Atlantis for free play into cold, hard cash.  

Last week, I had a hand pay on Fu Dai Lian Lian (AKA The Bag Game)!  It was amazing!  

Today, I hit a fantastic bonus round on Dragon Link and then, two spins later hit a $923 Major!  AWESOME!  I had played quite a bit already and wasn't winning - should have left.  But sometimes, something just says 'don't give up yet'.  I put in $200 and changed to dime denomination and woot woot!  Hitting a free game bonus round (which I completely expected to be nothing great - I play this game a lot and the free game bonus rounds are usually 'meh'), I ended up with $900+ for that bonus round.  Considering it was super close to the Major, I thought 'time to leave - take the money and run 'cuz you've won close to the Major already - don't risk it'.  But I had a smidge over $1200 on my ticket so I decided I'd play down to $1200.  And BOOM - two spins later was a ball drop round and the first ball to drop was the Major!  5 other balls followed - it was a great bonus round just under the $1200 hand pay trigger.  

Then I went to do my free play (can't use Free Play on Dragon Links) on the Bag Game again and won another $200.  

I brought food home for dinner and had a great day!  

If only it were always like this, right?  

We are T-minus 3 days from B.'s arrival for his first visit ever to the new house - so the next couple of days will be super busy getting everything tidied up and readied for 'company'.  It's a relief to know he will take us as we are - I've been worried he might be bored given that we are in a new city and his friends aren't around to hang with.  He told J. he's looking forward to just relaxing and hanging out so that's good.  We may do a trip to Virginia City (on our exploration list but we haven't made it there yet) and possibly a day in Lake Tahoe area.  B. has friends coming from California on the 12th so we'll get him settled at Atlantis for the weekend - we'll come back on Sunday morning to have breakfast with him and his friend(s) and then we'll get him to the airport for his trip home.

We spoke via Zoom with an estate planning attorney yesterday who is working on updating our trust.  Things are more complex now that we know H. hasn't stayed clean and sober - which translates to we honestly have no idea how long he (ever) stopped using for.  We will be putting things in place to ensure that he will inherit but will not have access or control over any funds as 'cash'.  It's a complex mess that will add a ton of expenses over his lifetime but oh well.  A good chunk of whatever he inherits will be paid to an unbiased, hired fiduciary agent who will ensure H. complies with the terms required for the trust to assist with his expenses.  

And of course, we are still on the planet and hope to be for many more years - so there's still a chance that he'll get his shit together and we'll pay another chunk of money in the future to have the plan change to him receiving his inheritance outright.  We'll see.  

It's been a lot of stuff to deal with and I'm honestly not feeling all that 'great' emotionally or mentally.  I'd give anything to have my long-time counselor available but she isn't so.....I should probably look into finding someone local here.  I might.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...