Thursday, February 18, 2021

Jumping from a 6 to a 12

J. finally convinced me to upgrade my phone.  I've been eligible for an upgrade for FOREVER - gave one of my upgrades to H. way back when but re-qualified years ago.  I just didn't see the need for the latest and greatest when what I had worked fine.  But - we take a lot of pictures here and I was really excited about having a phone with multiple lenses - including a telephoto.  

And my phone was an iPhone 6 that I upgraded last in 2012 so it was more than time.  

I seriously dreaded the trek to the AT&T store - dreaded the waiting around.  I told the cats 'we'll be back in seven hours hopefully'. J. laughed. But one good thing about COVID: they had plenty of staff and we only had to wait about 5 minutes in the car before it was our turn.  The rep was stellar and while he wasn't technically 'supposed to' assist with the phone-to-phone transfer onsite, he helped us get it done.  We weren't all that keen on taking our old phones with us, making the transfer at home and then having to bring the old phones back - so he made it all happen onsite.  And I felt more comfortable with doing it all there because we saw him clear our old phones so we know our data was removed once things transferred to the new phone.  They were incredibly careful about disinfecting everything they touched and wore gloves.  I got $350 credit for my old phone and J. got $750 - credits that will be applied monthly to offset the charge for the new phone.  

Our bill will be higher and I really didn't want that - but it's not any kind of issue so I figured why not.  It is pretty awesome to have a new phone.  I was long overdue for a fancy new phone and I am super happy we made the change.  

I feel young, hip and fresh!  (That's what H. always says when I say 'I'm getting old').  

J. booked a massage at Atlantis tomorrow so I will accompany him and play a bit while he's in the spa.  And I will return again on Saturday for a Chinese New Year event - you know me, I'm a sucker for free play.  

Next weekend, we'll spend Friday and Saturday nights there - J. will play in a Black Jack tournament on Saturday.  We likely won't stay Saturday night but we'll see.

The weather keeps warming up and then turning cold again - I get the urge to head outside to work in the yard and then realize it's freezing cold.  Today, we had to turn the heat way up because I was super cold - and I'm usually running so warm that I run the ceiling fan in the study most of the day.  

H. is in Texas where there is a super duper cold front - power outages all over the place.  He used a friends phone to call me yesterday because there is an AT&T outage near the house he's staying in and he has had no phone for days.  (I verified the outage via the AT&T website).  Hopefully, things will warm up there and the power grid will be restored.  What a mess.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...