Monday, February 08, 2021

The Big Thaw

 It was 60 degrees outside today - felt like Spring!  I ran an errand and didn't need a coat!  

The earth is warming as well and I was super stoked to see hints of green in our front yard - unfortunately, it appears to be weeds and/or grass growing around all the plants.  We have a lot of work to do - I'm hoping for another warm day tomorrow so I can head outside for a bit and work in the yard. 

The backyard is still a complete winter wonderland - tons of snow still there because it doesn't get much direct sunlight.  It will take a good long while to melt it all.  

We went to Atlantis yesterday for Super Bowl - unfortunately, we missed being included in the event but we had fun anyway.  J. watched the game sitting in a bar near where I was playing slots.  I played until around 8PM and headed up to our room.  As I was contemplating getting ready for bed, I said 'I really just want to go home'.  So we did!  Left the room keys on the dresser, mussed up the beds and some towels so it look like we'd been there and were home around 9.  Took some time to unwind and we didn't head to bed until after 11. 

We're heading back there on Wednesday for our Valentine's Day celebration - early - but within the range of dates we could choose.  We'll get some comps for a nice dinner and a Macy's gift card - only often they let you choose free play instead of the gift card so I'm hoping for that!  (I could shop Macy's online I supposed but we don't shop there, so....free play would be great).  We will spend Wednesday night there for sure 'cuz J. booked a massage on Thursday morning.  He'll have to head to Carson 'cuz he's got hair appointment on Thursday afternoon - he'll likely stay home.  I will decide - if I play into the evening, I might stay there for the night - I've always wanted to play in to the wee hours of the morning.  

It will be a nice mid-week break.

We've heard from H. a bit and know he is OK.  Has been attending NA meetings and got a lead on a job so we'll see.  We did a question and answer text session and while I truly have no idea if his answers are true, getting any new information on the recent events is welcome.  

We started binge watching Designated Survivor and it's great.  Tonight, we switched to "Sinner" because Season 3 is FINALLY available on Netflix - we've waited over a year to watch the last 3 episodes.  (We had access to the first three on USA when we lived in the town house but we didn't have Dish then so....) - we started watching from the first episode since it's been so long.  

J. played golf on Saturday and had a fun time.  He was pretty sore when he got home - it's been months since he's played.  

J. gets his first Covid vaccination tomorrow!  We are so glad!  Unfortunately, I'm not in the current tier so I have to wait.  B. is hoping to be vaccinated later this month - and he may be visiting us in early March for a week.  Really hoping it will work out. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...