Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sad Sundays

Sundays are usually sad, right?  'cuz you know the work week approaches and there's nothing you can do.  The sun is starting it's descent and you know it will soon be time to get yourself up to bed and get ready for the week - try to start it off with a good night's sleep.

My cousin S. reminded me that TODAY is the last depressing Sunday I will ever have!  Tomorrow is the LAST Monday I will work - ever!  Or at least for a while and possibly (most likely) forever.

Monday, Tuesday and a short day Wednesday will be it for me. Tuesday will be super long (Board meeting day) but I'm going to go to Stockton in the early morning to get the District Office staff a batch of Krispy Kreme donuts for a treat - so I'll get to the office a bit late.

I've still got a few things to do - my personal stuff is mostly packed but there's a few things left.  Bottle of Excedrin, some Arbonne Fizz sticks - things that I need to get me through the last few days.

My best friend C. is in Wisconsin so we said our goodbyes last Thursday - first time I cried.  Exchanged some small reminders to each other and promised to do dinner soon and then stay in touch when we're in Nevada.  It's about equal distance for us to get to Sacramento area - and/or Jackson.  We'll try to meet up on occasion and hopefully, she'll come stay and visit.

We're both wired so much the same that turning our friendship from a work friendship to a 'let's visit' friendship will challenge us both - but we're also wired to truly want to be in touch - and I feel like we will.  We'll realize that seeing each other in the morning with bed-head is a survivable event in a true friendship.

I enjoyed my final weekend of recovering from work and we managed to get a few things done.  Did some work in the garage and outside.

B. arrives this coming Saturday and I have an appointment in Hayward Saturday morning and will go to Oakland Airport to get him after my appointment.  He and J. are heading to Reno that afternoon - B. wanted to go and Saturday through Monday worked best for him with other things he's got planned during his visit home.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...