Sunday, June 23, 2019

Blissful Sunday

The first Sunday when I don't have to go to work on Monday - ever!  Lovely feeling -

H. helped me tackle the bottom half of the pantry and we made huge progress.  I've run the dishwasher a couple times and will be packing up an assortment of canisters and storage containers to take to storage eventually.  Cleaning it out reminds us of just how much space is wasted in our current 'corner' pantry - still hard to put stuff in it because it ends up being out of sight and unreachable.  That was confirmed today based on the amount of stuff we found and tossed because it had been out of sight for a long time. 

I can't wait for our new, spacious, lovely pantry combined with more than adequate cupboard space in our new kitchen -

I started the day doing a 20 minute workout cleaning the tile grout and tiles in the family room. 

In addition to the pantry work, we cleaned the sliding door track - sprinkled baking soda on the track and then added some white vinegar and let the chemical reaction do most of the work.  It worked pretty well. 

I'm waiting for the outside temp to drop a bit and I'm going out to do a good watering on the patio pots - including soaking two very well so I can pull the plants out - we've been letting some plants that are gangling and not growing well go - along with some broken/cracked patio pots.  Not moving stuff we won't use. 

I told J. that I felt sad that I will be gone next weekend so we'll have two weekends without each other - I feel off kilter when he's not here - and he said 'BUT we'll have 4.5 days TOGETHER before that weekend because YOU ARE RETIRED!'.  He's right.  Feels awesome. 

Tomorrow, we have a Facetime call scheduled with a moving company - we are getting an estimate on the labor and transportation for them to take a truckload of stuff up to storage - things that we want to stage for the house.  If the quote comes in super high (we have no idea even what 'super high' will be, honestly), then we'll go back to planning to use a POD for staging and we'll hire hourly help for packing and loading.  We are completely not able to load the big items we have into a pod - treadmill and Life Cycle, for example - and a bunch of other furniture items. 

J. and B. reorganized the storage unit a bit while they were there this weekend to make room for bigger items.  Fingers crossed the quote is something we feel is reasonable.

Other than that 'commitment' tomorrow afternoon and a haircut Tuesday afternoon, I'm pretty much 'clear schedule' for the rest of the week - time to keep doing stuff around the homestead in preparation for listing and selling the house. 

There have been SO MANY fireflies darting about this weekend - it brings tears to my eyes to see so many because I know it's my Mom and Dad and someone else flitting about.  They get my attention by hanging out by the study window and then as soon as I see them, they dart off.  Always makes me smile (even with some tears) and feel joy - because I truly think they are here with me.  I always feel that but especially when fireflies show up. 

I'm making a loaf pan angel food cake for no other reason than that the mix was in the pantry and I want to use it up. :-)  The kids appreciate the treats.  (I do, too). 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...