Saturday, June 22, 2019

Missing J.

The study is super quiet.  H. is upstairs watching movies or playing games or sleeping.  We tried to order Door Dash from his favorite Mexican food place but they weren't accepting orders so we went there.  The place was packed and I guess the last thing they needed was computer orders coming in as the fed a full house plus people like us getting takeout. 

Chloe is on her best behavior - no whining at all - she waited until 3PM for her dinner (she starts fretting loudly around 2PM when J. is here) and she waited patiently for her small 'seconds' until after 5.  Then did her shot (she is amazing at the shot part - really - we are so lucky she is so good about it) and her small diabetic dog treats (which now come in a super mini size so it's way less treat than it used to be but she doesn't notice - and J. doesn't have to use a meat cleaver and mallet to break the treats up for her like he used to) and her 'cranberry' bladder treat - and now she's konked out in her bed. 

She peed a river between when J. and B. headed out the door this morning and me returning from Hayward - so I need to Bona mop the floor in the study. 

I took the stove apart and put all the pieces in the dishwasher and ran it.  Tomorrow, H. and I will work on the pantry -

It's just after 6:30PM and I feel sleepy.  But I'll try to get a couple quick things done - the floor, putting the stove back together and then reloading the dishwasher - small things. 

When we cleaned the pantry, we found all kinds of 'treats' so H. and I cooked up a storm Thursday.  We made Jell-o - mixed berry - and must have not used quite enough water because the Jell-o is very firm.  I actually like it that way - it sort of 'peels' off the pan and you can eat it like a gummy, almost.  It's delicious!  We also made flan - but the caramel that was included in the kit was a bit 'aged' - so for some of the ramekins, we used honey instead - and I really like the honey flan even more than the caramel version! 

I miss J. .  Things always feel overwhelming when he's not here.  I walk around thinking "I can do all this.  I can do it".  But I wish he were home 'cuz it's too quiet and feels lonely. 

I'll get a great night's sleep - that is something I've really noticed - I am sleeping so much better.  Wake up once for the bathroom but NO RUMINATING.  No work thoughts intruding on rest and it's WONDERFUL!  Get up early tomorrow because Chloe can't wait - and enjoy the quiet of a new day dawning.  I love mornings and while I enjoy sleeping in a bit now and then, I would miss it if I didn't have the quiet morning time I'm used to. 

I'll keep busy tomorrow, get a lot done around the house and miss J. and B. all day - but will enjoy time with H. .  He's a tremendous help these days - which is much appreciated!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...