Friday, June 21, 2019

Two Days In

End of my second full day of retirement and I'm feeling pretty good.  I've wedged in plenty of 'me' time; slept in this morning until 6:40 (and thank you to J. who got up early with the dog). 

H. and I tackled the pantry yesterday - his long arms make reaching back to get stuff more forward so I can go through it so much easier.  We threw out TONS of stuff and tomorrow, we plan to do more of the same for the lower pantry. 

I am going to Hayward tomorrow to see my counselor K. - and then I'll head back to Tracy.  J. and B. are heading up to Reno/Carson City tomorrow for two nights.  They are playing golf on the course we will be living on - nine holes on Sunday morning.  J. was a little disappointed that the front nine aren't available - just the back - so they won't be playing near our new house.  But it will still be fun.

Our neighbor (and realtor in Nevada) sent us a pic of the pad - the lot is officially graded and the pad has been created.  J. had a text conversation with our builder S. who said he thinks the foundation crew will be on the lot shortly. 

I'm heading up there this coming Friday for a few days of R&R - I'm really looking forward to the time away - it's sort of a nice 'celebration' of work being over with. 

There's still LOTS of work to do - no mistake about that - and I have felt a bit overwhelmed in the two days that I've had off.  But we're trying to tackle things little by little.  We have a mover giving us an estimate on taking a massive load of stuff up to the storage unit and J. is making calls to get additional estimates on one truck load of stuff up as well as hourly help to load PODs when the time comes to do that. 

Late yesterday, I saw a work email (my phone is still connected to the mail server at our County Office but it won't be for long) - and I read it.  MAJOR issue that could affect one of the documents we were required to have approved by the Board and submit to our COE.  My stomach clenched....sort of by habit?  And then I realized 'Majah, you don't have anything to do with that anymore.  It's not your responsibility and you don't have to worry about it'.  And the huge weight lifted while my stomach relaxed. 

The days of fretting about work on 'days off' are over.  EVERY DAY is a day off!!  Woot woot! 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...