Friday, January 18, 2019

Morning Already?

I'm obsessively refreshing the CalTrans road conditions website hoping for chain restrictions on I80 east to lift.  The weather map (which I am also refreshing maniacally) looks much better than it has all week so I feel like there's hope.  It's just after 5:30AM and as crazy as this may be, I'm leaning towards getting ready to go, loading up the car and driving to Auburn and see how it looks when I get there.  Praying I can make it to Reno by nightfall, even if I have to use cables to get there. 

I hope I won't need cables. 

I have to commit to trying - or commit to cancelling because I'm already past the 48 hours cancellation policy and at this point, a little trickery would be needed to get out of paying one night's hotel bill. 

I don't like the idea of being charged for a Friday night's stay....for nothing. 

Here's hoping this all works out.  Keep your fingers crossed for me -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...