Friday, November 09, 2018

Three Day Weekend Eve

Woo hoo!!  It's Friday!

B. texted both J. and I yesterday morning - apologized for going off the grid without letting us know.  He'd been out in the field since Monday morning.  He'd been wanting a break from Facebook and then thinks his account got hacked - so he just suspended the account until he could fix it and was ready to be back online.  He says he gets tired of the endless 'notifications'.  I reminded him (he called me later that day) that you can turn those off.  We'll see.  Hopefully, he will reactivate 'cuz it's a way to stay in touch across many miles.

B. had some good perspective on the H. concerns I shared in the last post.  (I was glad he had read the blog only I often forget that he does.  He had asked me how H. was and I gave my usual, fairly vague 'oh, he's doing OK' answer....until he said 'Mom, I read your blog'. Oh.  OK.

B. said that when he was younger, he'd often just not tell me stuff 'cuz he knew my reaction to it wouldn't be good and then he'd feel a lot of guilt.  So he just stopped sharing much.  And in defense of H., I acknowledge that I have no idea where he went last week.  And I have no proof that he didn't go where he said he did, though I have some clues that lead me to believe he may not have.  Maybe the 'answer' is as simple as 'tell me you're heading out to spend time with a friend or friends, what time you plan to be picked up from here, what time you anticipate being home and stick to that?

I told B. 'maybe he's going to the smoke shop for cigarettes, etc. - who knows'?  And H. knows I don't want him to smoke so that's reason enough to not say anything about that. 

B. said 'unless you think he's using again, Mom'.  And I said I truly didn't think that was an issue...though there's plenty of historical evidence that I'm largely clueless about those kind of activities anyway?  So maybe.  But I truly don't think so.  He has a lot of other people in his life and home that keep him accountable on that score -

H. is coming over on Sunday and we'll have some conversation about the concerns and come up with an agreeable plan.

Every ounce of my being is praying that he's not spending time with R. .  I don't think I could handle that development at all.  Really.  Ever.

I am trekking to Hayward tomorrow to see my therapist.  I had to cancel one appointment for my trip to Reno a few weeks ago.  Cancelled last weekend 'cuz I had a nasty stomach thing happening.  But I'm due.  Overdue.  Millions of swirling thoughts in my head and it's time to let some of them out.

It is officially getting cold.  The sky tonight is overcast with smoke - fires to the south and north of us and the sky shows it.  It was 62 degrees at 4PM when I left work - so it's going to be pretty cold tonight.  The cats still go out in the morning, but they don't stay out long.  Sort of look at me like 'wait, what happened'?  Stay out a matter of minutes these days vs. the long haul disappearing they do in the Spring & Summer.

I hope to wedge in time to go to the movies and see the Nutcracker movie.  I haven't been in a movie theater since the last Twilight movie, I think?  Long time.

I might head to the office for a bit on Monday - though I pulled everything together this week and finished today super strong.  Three huge audit items our auditors requested sent off at the end of the day.  Massive amount of Board prep also finished today.  It was a good, productive week and I need more of the same next week. 

I'm trying to be mostly off the week of Thanksgiving - we are hosting H. and his sponsor and a couple other friends for dinner that day.  I plan to make all the side dishes in advance on Wednesday and have them ready to warm in the oven when the turkey comes out.  We'll have a lot of shopping to do to get ready for cooking for a group. 

J. went to the gathering at 5PM yesterday in response to Trump firing Sessions and appointing some bozo as the 'interim' Attorney General.  Many people think it's unconstitutional - us included - and there were demonstrations all over the country to voice those sentiments.  He had his picture taken and wow!  He looks great - his weight loss really shows!  He sent the pic to B. - and B. immediately called and said 'Dad, you look GREAT - you've lost so much weight'.  J. had planned to surprise B. when he comes for Christmas but it was great to give B. a preview.  J. is really sticking to his plan and it's working!! 

I've made a to-do list for home this weekend and just like this week at work, I plan to work on things on the list and get things done. 

Tomorrow is an early wake up - but at least I can sleep in an hour or so - and then 2 days of no alarm which will be much appreciated. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...