Sunday, November 11, 2018

Dresses

We're attending an anniversary party in January for our dear friends R. & C. .  R. is the person who attends concerts with J. on a regular basis.  They live in Livermore and we've been friends forever.  R. & J. have been friends longer 'cuz they were in a band together - the band they still had when I met J..  A lot of our 'dates' were me attending gigs.  R. & C. are two of the sweetest people on the planet and I'm looking forward to their celebration.

I decided I wanted to try to find a dress to wear - and I never wear dresses.  Mostly because I don't wear open toed shoes ever and it's hard to find flats to go with a dress.  I'm also short so most dresses are just so long on me. 

I ordered a dress from J. Crew and it fits!  But today, I went to the website and they are having a huge sale - so I got two additional dresses for the price I paid for the one.  I think I'm going to return the dress/shoes/tights I purchased and hopefully the two new dresses will fit as well.  Fingers crossed.  Then I'll have to find shoes and hose to wear.

And the great thing is:  I can wear the dresses on our cruise for our fancy dinners out.  It will be nice to dress up a bit in the evening once in a while.

We have sun today which is nice. Yesterday was a completely smoke-filled sky - but it's clearing up.

The guy calling himself President tweeted yesterday that we (California) have to do a better job of managing our fires or risk Federal disaster relief funding.  Pointed the finger at horrible forestry management.  Seriously.  Most of the forest in our State is Federal forest.  And what exactly are we expected to do to do a better job?  Really.  Blame us for wild fires.

While denying climate change.

Malignant narcissist is the only term I can think of - the man is such a shell of a human being.

J. just left to pick up H. .  We're going to work on sorting books and other tasks on our list.  I have to give J. credit that he tried to get me moving yesterday but my trip to Hayward takes 4 hours out of the day - and I was ready for some downtime.  Though I did work on my desk a bit.  More of that today.

We spent some time working on culling through our DVDs and books.  Box for donation and boxes packed up and labeled 'To CC' with a number.  I envision huge stacks of those boxes in the coming months.  We're having conversations about the pros and cons of spending money to rent storage vs. just leaving the boxes in the garage. 

I just know the house will sell more quickly and for more money if it's virtually empty. 

We're also getting some linens together to donate to the fire victims up here.  Neighborhood is collecting things and/or we can ship them up there.  We have lots of things we were planning to donate to Goodwill but we'd rather give it to people who need it -

So excited tomorrow is another day off and I'm meeting a retired friend for breakfast in the morning - she and her hubby are traveling all over the US in their motor home and she's only in town for a couple days - looking forward to seeing her.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...