Tuesday, November 20, 2018

B&B

Brooks sent this photo via Facebook messenger earlier this evening.



The two of them were at the base's Winter Ball.

A little bit ago, another message - this one from B. (B.'s girlfriend).  She said 'this is B. on B.'s phone' and carried on a wonderfully sweet 'conversation' with me.  Complimenting us because B. is 'such a gentleman' and 'so proud of him - he is such a great soldier and it's not easy'.  When I thought she couldn't be any sweeter, she asked B. to ask if it would be OK to Facetime - so we had a video chat as well.  She said 'we just Facetimed my Mom so I wanted to Facetime with you, too'.

I think she's a keeper.  I really do.  And to that end, I will be praying non stop - what will be will be but I truly don't know many young women who are thoughtful enough to WANT to meet his parents, even across many miles.  Warmed my heart. 

Very sweet young lady and she's a treasure.

The two of them seem to be mutually each other's biggest fan and it's so sweet to see that.  And to get to 'know' her is so wonderful.

B. (son B.) when you see this, if you want me to take it down, I will.  But....I hope it's here for years to come.  Because I promise you I will never forget the sweetness of meeting her this evening.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...