Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Miracle

J. entered the study and said 'I want to surprise you with something but you have to close your eyes'.  I was suspicious but I complied.

He showed me this picture on his phone.


R.'s dad received a letter from the same pawn shop we went to in June - these were collateral for a loan R. took out.  Her dad bought them back for me - only $80.

I am so happy.  Still rings missing but the ring on the left?  It's a rare find, matches J.'s wedding band and was the ring I felt most sad about.  The ring on the right is the ring J. gave me when B. was born.  I'm sad about all the missing jewelry but getting these two back really helps.

Miracles do happen.  So grateful to J. (Rachel's dad) for going there to look at what she got the letter about.

And mildly irritated at the pawn shop - because we were there with letters H. received from their business (which was for junk jewelry that wasn't ours) and inquired specifically about any other items under either of their names - and they said 'no'.  I think it's likely they had to let the clock run out on the 'loan' they gave against the value of these?  But still.  It would have saved me six weeks of heartache to know that the rings were there - just waiting to be in default status.

Very happy to have these back.  There are still so many hard, hurt, damaged feelings about everything that happened but getting these back helps smooth the angst a wee bit.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...