Saturday, May 20, 2017

We Knew it Was Coming

I spent a nice morning at home and headed to the office mid-morning.  Making good and steady progress on the budget and little by little, it's coming together.  There are a lot of moving parts and I just do one thing at a time and as I think of more things to do or double-triple check, I jot them in a notebook.  Things get highlighted as they are done and one by one, things come off the list.  I hope to be combining my five models into one model early next week and then it will be some final checking and tying to our District's LCAP plan and then on to the State software and all the associated reports along with the 18 pages of detailed assumptions.  Followed by a memo and Power Point to explain it all.  Yikes..that's  a lot.  No wonder I'm tired!

We received notice from the DMV today that H.'s license is suspended effective mid-June.  We're not surprised.  His 'trial by declaration' didn't go in his favor so with that point added, he lost his driving privileges for six months.

He doesn't know yet - J. let him take his car to go to the lab and get blood work - and also help R. (his girlfriend) continue to move things to storage and get out of her (now sold) home.  He hasn't been in touch since he left and frankly, we have no idea where he is.  That's a familiar theme lately.  The two of them disappear for hours on end - no word where they are; when they'll be back.  Or he says when they'll be back only that doesn't happen.  It's the same shit all over again only the difference is there's another person involved.  I often feel like she encourages him to be non-communicative - somehow convincing him he doesn't have to report in to the people he lives with who have supported him six years past the point where we legally have to.

He turns 24 on Thursday....hard to believe.

Earlier this week, QVC phoned asking to speak with me.  I was inclined to just not take the call, but I did.  Good thing.  They let me know that though my last purchase with them was in 2014 (a recliner chair we have by the pool), someone had tried to use my email address to access my account - clearly trying to 'guess' my password.  They cancelled the account to prevent further attempts...which is fine 'cuz QVC isn't something I do much.

Makes me nervous.  I asked J. 'do I cancel that email address?' (Which I've had since we were married and use a lot).  He said 'no, you're email is everywhere....they couldn't get in because they didn't have your password.  I DO think I will be looking at all the accounts where that email is used and either changing the logon to be non-email and/or beefing up my passwords.

J. and I just watched "The Accountant" - we had seen it on the cruise (sort of) - didn't really sit down and watch it but had it on while we were in our cabin.  Today, we watched it and read a synopsis online to help us figure it all out.  Fascinating movie - very complex - I think I want to watch it again now that we've read about it more and have the characters a little more figured out.

Time to head up to bed - get a good night's sleep.  J. is playing music at church tomorrow - I'll do what I did this morning:  linger over an extra cup of coffee; piddle around the homestead a bit and then head out for some more budget work.

I feel pretty good about the budget which only leads me to think 'I must be forgetting a ton of stuff'.


No comments:

Cooked

Actually cooked something for dinner this evening - trying to do a better job of using what we have and planning meals.  It's a small th...