Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mom's Day 2017

Son # 1 called first thing this morning - the minute he woke up, judging by his groggy, sleepy sounding voice.  He can't wait to be home in a couple months and the feeling is mutual.  He got me an iTunes gift card (with his Dad's help) and there are a few new albums I'm going to treat myself to later this week - or maybe even tonight.

Son #2 hasn't stirred yet and at this rate, I'll likely see him just before dinner.

Sweet hubby made me super crispy bacon and Kodiak pancakes for breakfast so I am well fed.

Heading to the shower and am going into work because every minute I spend is a minute ahead.  The week looks lighter on the meeting front but I'm driving to Sacramento on Wednesday morning for a budget workshop so that shoots the day entirely.

Wishing I could just be off that afternoon and go to my happy place very nearby for some slot fun - but no.  I can't.  Saving up for our week in Reno - and really no time for fun until we officially have a budget in place.

J. got out one of our heavy cereal bowls and I put some dried meal worms in it for the robin.  He came back this morning, hopping along the fence.  Three minutes later, I saw a cat also on the fence...so the robin will stay away for a bit, I suspect.  Still, the meal worms smell awful (according to J. - I can't smell a thing these days) so I'm hoping the robin will find them and partake.

I just reloaded my Starbucks card - it had money on it but you can never have too much available credit.  I'm in need of a Trenta iced tea to get me through the day.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...