Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Galore

Thank you to my brother who sent a wine gift basket - I don't have his address so I have no way to properly thank him - I will Facebook message him but he doesn't respond to those so....it's a great gift made more so by my craving for sugar cookies.  I'm devouring the small box of cookies in the basket and am thankful I don't have to go bake some.  Plenty of dough in the fridge but I'm not in the mood for rolling, cutting, etc. - we baked quite a bit over the past few days and will bake again.  But tonight?  Not happening.

Thanks also to my sister for my favorite popcorn tin!!  LOVE caramel and cheese mixed together and we almost bought some at WalMart yesterday but am so glad we didn't.  A welcome treat!

As a gift to myself, I procured an XBox One set for a friend's son.  She is on a tight budget this holiday because she lost her ex husband and her son lost his dad and their entire savings account went to flying back to VA for his funeral.  Giving this gift is a gift I gave to myself...a reminder of how blessed we are and how grateful I am to be able to do this for a friend.  Santa delivered it to our house today and I will be taking it to them on Thursday morning.

It makes me joy-filled and I need that.  I am sad - about B. not being home.  About H. being an asshole of ginormous proportion.  It's not the merriest of Christmases this year and it's hard to pretend that it is.

I was at Target on Sunday and procured a weiner dog Christmas decor item.  He lights up and has a sweater and hat on.  J. says he's for outside but his sweater will be soaked so we're putting him in our entry way.  He was on sale for 30% off and I just couldn't resist - we've passed on him year after year but this year?  We bought it!!

I will hopefully find some merry at some point.  I'm sure I will - three generations of cousins arriving on Thursday evening and that's sure to be fun!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...