Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fr

The web address for my blog now shows .fr instead of .com at the end - I'm pretty sure it's just 'cuz my computer is in France so it's adapting the web address to where I currently am?  I hope so.

Today, we went to L'Orangerie and D'Orsay museums and took a river cruise on the Seine.  The D'Orsay was too much for me - I vividly recalled being in all those rooms with all those paintings last year - and it was incredibly crowded.  It's Saturday - I just wasn't feeling it.

Our museum pass gets us into the reserved line which is 1/20th the length of the general admission line.  We may never 'use' the full $69 Euros we paid for each pass in terms of number of admissions, but it's worth it's weight in gold for getting us to much faster lines than those that pay to enter that day.

I walked back alone to the hotel - and J. followed not too long after.  I'm resisting the urge to nap with every ounce of my being.  He is 'resting'....and doing what he did all night that wrecked my sleep.  Snoring.

My only hope is continuing to resist the urge to nap and ending up so exhausted, I will sleep through anything.  Otherwise, it will be a repeat of last night - me awake more than not and finding myself a teeny bit grumpy upon realizing it's time to get up and I feel like I've just gotten to sleep.

We met a nice US person at breakfast this morning - he lives in Seattle and is here for part business, part vacation.  We suggested the Musee Marmottan we visited yesterday and the L'Orangerie we visited today as 'don't miss'.  And the Eiffel Tower, of course!

Tomorrow, I hope to ride some buses.  We didn't do that today (too late now - they don't run into the evenings much).

Monday is supposed to be the nicest weather we've had so far and we're heading to Disneyland Paris that day.  I'm looking forward to it but we'll see if we really stay from opening to closing - that's a long, long day even for a Disney addict like me.

We will return to D'Orsay hopefully on Tuesday when it will be less crowded.  And I want to go back to Marmottan if possible - maybe while J. heads to the Louvre.  If the D'Orsay overwhelms me, the Louvre is....well....it's just massive.  We realized we should have added 2-5 more days here in order for J. to spend as much time in the Louvre as he'd like.  Maybe next year.

Hoping my US readers are seeing this - if you are, message me so I'll know -

PS - I am taking some pics and will try to upload those later today.  Had to delete a bunch of pics which I did by emailing them to myself - so I'm being pretty selective about what pics I take in an effort to conserve space on my phone.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...