Sunday, March 23, 2014

Happy!

I'm doing taxes!  And practically dancing!  How is that possible?  "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, that's how!  Can't help but groove when this song is on and it's the best $1.29 I've spent in a long time.  I'm also drinking coffee from my cool London coffee mug - one of the few souvenirs I bought on our trip.  I started to get the usual SB 'London' mug (same mug design that they just slap a new location on wherever you are - we saw them in every country that had Starbucks [Rome doesn't, just so you know]).  But I already have that mug with Playa del Carmen on it - so I opted for a really neat, colorful mug.  I'll try to get a pic of it later today to post so you can see.

I am really behind on travel log posts (as in I've posted none).  J.'s been doing great posts on Facebook so if you aren't a friend of his there and you want to see, ask him and he'll add you. I will try to write a bit 'by city' later today - but taxes and getting outside for a bit are top priority.

Yesterday was sort of a hard day.  The funeral for my co-worker was lovely.  An amazing family who did an excellent job paying tribute to the amazing woman they all love so much. There were many district folks in attendance - while the comments on the obituary in the paper and the guest book at the mortuary site were sort of 'quiet', support was shown by showing up.  She was truly a treasure and will be so missed.  Our cafeteria's won't be the same without Miss Lezlie.  She will be missed -

Funerals always make me melancholy and I realized yesterday that is more true the older I get.  Mortality is a fact.  Makes you want to rush right out and live to the fullest 'cuz - well, just 'cuz.

So today, I tackle our taxes and get to the truer 'number' - grateful we made a lot of massive culling donations of clothing and household items 'cuz boy, those donations really help!  I'm ready to clean out everything not nailed down - tax write off AND less junk.

J. is playing music at church this morning and heading to Costco armed with a (short) list and the cash card with our annual rebate on it.  What's left, anyway - 'cuz we spent part of it last month.  We are buying more and more at WinCo these days - realizing that if you just don't go to Costco, you spend less.  My 'splurge' (because we did get a huge rebate - the Europe trip really added to our annual reward) is a set of new garden gloves (hopefully in lady colors) and a new set of garden trimmers.

Gardening is on my mind...beautiful, sunny day today and I want to get outside and work away on pruning and cleaning out Winter!

Dinner tonight will be country fried steak, mashed potatoes and green beans!  Yum.  We did Dickey's BBQ for dinner last night - also delicious.  J. and H. actually went there Friday night for dinner (I had it for lunch that day and was so stuffed, I skipped dinner!) but it was mobbed so they got McDonald's instead.  J. went pretty early (for dinner) and got there before the huge rush happened.

Last week was sort of the 'ease back into it' week at work.  Met with my boss and got caught up on construction stuff (oh my God, I wish I could write about stuff here 'cuz I'd like to blast our architect to bits right now).  Next week, starting tomorrow - I am digging in to budget and other huge topics.  Always busy.  I love that about my job.  Time goes so incredibly quickly - it's already the end of March and it (really, truly) feels like this school year just started a few months ago.

And!  I will be off for Spring Break - six days in April.  I asked my boss if I could do 'non-work days' - so not working and not counting those days against my contracted days and he said 'of course!'.  Yeah!  B. is coming home for sure Easter weekend!!  and I will enjoy having a week of some vegging days.  The trip was wonderful but it really has zapped my energy and I'm having a hard time recovering.  Some 'home time' will really help.

Back to taxes.  Brewing my 2nd mug of coffee and digging back in.  "Happy" plays over and over and I dance in my chair along with the tune....


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...