Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Post-Anniversary

Yesterday, both J. and I got up like a typical morning.  I was up earlier, as usual - coffee, dog routine, Facebook for a few minutes.  Catching up on emails.  Bank account maintenance.  Chatting with H. who gets up early most days, too, for some reason.  (Maybe he's just going to bed.  I'm never sure about his schedule).

J. arrived downstairs.  Made his coffee.  We kibbitzed about current events, both of our schedules that day.  Typical morning.

I arrived at work and started my day.  First thing is almost always signing something.    And I wrote the date:  3-25-14 and ZAP!  Like a lightening bolt.  Holy crap - it's our 24th wedding anniversary and I totally didn't recall that this morning.  I said 'I have to call my husband'....felt terrible about not remembering and assumed he had remembered and was likely disappointed I hadn't.  But no.  He hadn't remembered either.  Isn't that great?  Our aging minds are serving us well in that we both forget pretty much everything - including the day we got married.

So we shared a moment over the phone and decided to go out to dinner.  We had thought about Mikasa (sushi near us)...but a co-worker suggested Simply Fondue in Livermore.  Have heard a lot about it but never been.

H. joined us, too - so we had fondue.  Our reservation was at 5 and we didn't leave the restaurant until close to 7:30.  We splurged and got the 'feast' - so cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue and chocolate fondue.  The place is also known for it's 109 types of martinis but at $19 a piece?  I skipped it.  It was already close to a $200 dinner for the three of us - so adding a drink tab to the bill?  No.  Not happening.

It was delicious and fun and different.  On Tuesdays, they have a two course special - two of either salad, cheese fondue and chocolate fondue for $28 a couple.  I can see J. and I doing that on occasion and adding a salad.

I'm glad we tried it - but it was a long, long dinner.  Takes a long time to cook and eat your four course meal.

When we got home, there was a lovely Spring bouquet on the desk by my computer - and the best part is all the flowers are from our garden.  It's lovely!!

Yesterday, I felt like I shook off the cobwebs and got back into the work of working.  Felt great to get things 'moving' again and get back in the swing of things.  It's been very hard to get back into it - I've felt discouraged about that.  Too far past the trip to be jet lag?  Right?  Though I sure get up a lot later post-trip than I ever have.

I hope I'm turning a corner and have enthusiasm towards my job returning 'cuz it's a hard job to do even with a mountain of enthusiasm.  Without it?  It's just torture.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...