Thursday, March 20, 2014

First Day Back

Survived the first day - enjoyed catching up with friends and co-workers.  Two of the four people in my office bought new cars while I was gone - the parking lot looks like a luxury car lot with shiny new vehicles everywhere.  I joked 'you did remember to put the decimal in the right place, yes?' 'cuz our 5% raise was just 5%.  Nothing more, nothing less.  LOL....happy for people with shiny new cars 'cuz that's so much fun.

It was great to feel missed - everyone saying that 'you were gone a long time and we really missed you'.  And my boss said 'I was so happy to see your car in the parking lot this morning'.  Though he was out and about all day and I barely saw him - but we'll catch up eventually.

I'm up early this morning and feeling more 'awake' than I have since we got home so that's good.  Jet lag was a lot harder on the return than on the arrival in Europe and it takes my body a long time to get back on 'this' time vs. thinking it's night when it's morning, etc. .

Saturday will be the funeral for the co-worker who died - and I moved a haircut appointment to late afternoon Saturday.  Hoping to NOT work this weekend just to ease back in but budget development is on the horizon and there's much to do.  There's always much to do.

I head to Lodi this morning for our monthly CBO meeting and to celebrate the 60th birthday of a co-worker from our County Office of Ed.  Shhh.  It's a surprise.

J. has been doing great posts on Facebook to 'log' our travels - and was (appropriately) pissed as heck when rearranging the pics caused the posts to disappear.  Argh.  Now he's re-doing but it's not the same.  Still great - but the fun of the posts were all the comments (mine included) and those are gone.  Oh well.

Chloe is doing better now that we've got the steroids actually in her system.  J. found the pills on the floor (two days worth) and realized that she wasn't swallowing them - so we're hiding them in canned food and she's hacking less and less now.  So that's good.

H. is working on a craft project - making a frog stepping stone from a kit we've had forever. Thinking I'm going to suggest he design a mosaic table top for our family room (or outside) and I'll get him the supplies to make it.  A trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend (I've never been in that store) would be fun!  Or even just good 'ol Michael's here in town.  He does like to be creative so giving him something to focus on besides his sad unemployed existence and parents who are refusing to fund his constant monetary requirements other than gas and some pocket money now and then.

I've got to get going.....much to do today!  I'm back!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...