Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Celebrate Good Times! Come On!

Can you name the song?  Now you'll be thinking of it in your head for hours!

I had a wonderfully fun-filled day!  Balloons, flowers, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, presents, a rousing round of Happy Birthday sung at a community meeting when a co-worker announced to everyone today was my birthday.  I wanted to hurt her - but it was sweet and fun.  Crazy busy all day - my team wanted to take me to lunch but settled for bringing me a Subway sandwich and Starbucks iced tea!  Perfect!  Full and hydrated and plowed through a ton of budget stuff...getting sooo much closer.  I will need to remind myself that there's always a total and complete panic point (that was this past weekend) followed by it starting to come together - and then viola!  The next thing you know, you actually have a budget!  Yeah!  Still much to do but felt confident enough to come home at 5 today.  Tomorrow is meeting free and I will get much more done! 

I will work this weekend but hopefully will just be pre-preparing for board prep vs. panicking about how much there is to do (still).

Both boys reached out with many birthday greetings (texts and calls).  It was a fun day!  Another year older and celebrating felt great!

It also helped that a bunch of us spent a couple hours learning, rehearsing and recording a good-bye video for our boss.  It was hysterically funny and fun and I can't wait for him to see it this Friday. 

We were planning our last Cabinet meeting of the year this morning - and he said 'and then we'll do lunch as a group'.  And we said 'yes, we will - in the board room - be there'.  He seemed surprised and said 'we usually go out'.  'Um, not this year'.  So he knows we're having a gathering in his honor.  He just has no idea...

J. is at church rehearsal.  I'm considering firing up the hot tub 'cuz I could use a hot soak - all the dancing and stuff has my hips sort of sore.  Really, I probably just want an excuse to be in the hot tub.

 H. got a shot - and the temp agency is placing him at another warehouse where he can drive a forklift!  He did an excellent job of handling yesterday's drama and the agency complimented him on coming to talk to them and explain what the issues were vs. just picking up and leaving.  They said that's what typically happens - people leave and don't return.  H. had gone back in to the warehouse to talk to them about his options - and they seemed pleased he did that.  I sure hope they mean it and that he will be placed soon. 

Storage Wars is on - and sweet H. went to RiteAid and brought me my favorite ice cream!  Ice cream milk float is on my dessert menu tonight.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...