Monday, June 03, 2013

Cuatro Semanas

Four weeks from this morning, we will be awakening at the beach....our first morning there so no coffee in the house.  We'll put on our walking clothes and head to Starbucks then trek on foot to the Super Mercado for a 'big shop'.  We will do a big shop probably twice this trip since we're staying for 11 nights.  We'll load up on breakfast and lunch supplies; coffee; treats; beverages of all kinds.  We'll take a cab home 'cuz it's way too much to carry on foot.  We'll unload, fix breakfast and start our first day in Playa del Carmen.

J. and I will sit together at the dining table and plot out our plans while we enjoy strong Mexican coffee and pastries from the bakery.  Mine:  read, sleep, eat too much, drink too much (not too often).  His:  pretty much the same but with some action packed days wedged in.  We've agreed to plan our day trips spread out so there's plenty of 'just vegging' time in between.

Only four weeks.....

I can almost feel the sand between my toes.....

For now, I trek off to work - I worked 29 of 31 days in May and have worked every day in June so far and likely won't be off until close to when we leave the country.

That's the kind of job I have - I have to leave the country to feel like I'm taking a break.

And I'll return to a new boss and God knows what else.

2013-14 is going to be a very interesting year.

But for now, I hold onto the beauty of four weeks from now.  I will get there.  The beach will happen. All that happens from now to then will be survivable and all that happens after will too.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...