Friday, June 07, 2013

Nothing in This World

....will ever break my heart again.

Third post to open with a song - only this one is one you probably don't know.  The show "Nashville" is becoming a favorite and the songs just hook me.  Not a country fan usually but I like the music.

J. went to pick up sushi for dinner.  Bless his heart.  

I just put my head in my hands briefly and let out the sob or two that have been building up all day.

Saying goodbye to our boss is the hardest thing....still 12 days to go but we had a fun lunch for him today and showed him the video we crafted for him.  

I was very emotional in that dark room as the video rolled - and when one of the shots was of his empty chair, I felt myself losing it.  Grateful it was very dark....and I used the napkin to wipe my tears.

The napkins were movie themed - black and red - and they bled all over my face.  I looked like a clown.  Others did too.

I know we will be OK 'cuz frankly, we have to be.  No choice about it.  Be OK or leave.  Those are the options.  I've already said that I want to go with him and told him that if there is any job I'm even remotely qualified for, will he let me know...and he assures me he will.  I said 'I could be custodian or a clerk or anything'.  He said 'I think you might have a hard time convincing an interview panel that you really want to go from Chief Business Officer to custodian - but I guess you could try'.

I came home at 4.  It's sushi and a Friday night cold beer to unwind - and then early to bed and early to rise.  Budget is almost done and winding down.  Massive MASSIVE board prep looms...

I cried a lot when I left the college to move to my current job.  I thought that was the hardest thing I would ever do - it wasn't.  

I can't imagine ever having a boss I love so much - ever.  He works us hard and he's demanding - but oh my gosh - he is so, so much fun and such a truly, deeply stellar person.  He truly loves to lead and he brings out the best in the people around him.  

I just keep listening to bad break up songs over and over and over....poor J. .  He deserves a medal for putting up with me the past few weeks.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...