Thursday, May 09, 2013

Officially Official

Press releases and everything - so my boss won't be my boss in another seven weeks or so.  Darn it!  I am very happy for him 'cuz this move is a great one for him - and he will likely be leading that district for decades and that's a wonderful thing for a school district.  Great leadership that lasts is the best thing to hope for.

So now we hope.

It was a fast but incredibly productive four years and the things that he has set in motion are things I know we will keep going with the new Sup....so there's that.

It's budget time and I'm in my panic mode.  Am getting up earlier and heading out the door as early as I can...but I am trying to get home by 5 or so - usually 'cuz if you are getting up at 4ish or so, you typically hit a wall of fatigue at some point - and 5ish is that time for me.

B. is officially in El Paso and it's the one teeny part of Texas that is only one hour ahead of us instead of two.  It's been an adjustment to always be thinking of 'Georgia time'....now it's just a quick hour difference instead of several.  He called yesterday to ask about what I'd like for Mother's Day - I want a call from him.  That's it.  He hinted he's sending something else that 'you're really going to love'....which is sweet of him.  Heck, I'm just happy he remembered.  He shipped $60 worth of boots and dress uniforms home so he didn't have to schlep them with him to Texas.

The arrived at the Atlanta airport so early (for their flight) they couldn't check in luggage yet!  So they all (three guys) took a cab to a bowling alley and bowled for awhile!  Any chance at recreation, they take!

Last night, J. asked 'do you want to go out to brunch for Mother's Day?'.  The thought is lovely - but it's so, so crowded on that particular day.  I said 'you can make me breakfast!  German pancakes and crispy bacon!'.  He said 'OK - but it will be late 'cuz....'   and then it hit me!  He went to music rehearsal on Tuesday night - so HE'S PLAYING MUSIC AT CHURCH ON SUNDAY MORNING.  ALL MORNING.  Oh my stinking heck!

The music director did an ingenious thing - he assigned musicians and singers to 'groups' so their schedule is pretty much set for the year.  It happens that Group C (J.'s group) plays this weekend....

I guess that rotation eliminates the scramble to find people that will be available to play on special days. Right?

We'll see about Father's Day.  I might have to arrange to not be home.  :-)

H. has a job!  It's a temp agency...but it looks like he will be assigned to a warehouse in Lathrop (about 10 minutes from Tracy).  He volunteered to work swing shift 'cuz it fits his biological clock well and it pays 50 cents more an hour.  We'll see.  Anything is better than nothing....

He will move home in three weeks...which will be a big adjustment.

Time to get going and get to the office.  Board prep looms today - which is actually a nice break from budget!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...