Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all....

My sister posted this pic on Facebook this morning - one of the rare photos of our Mom with all her children.  Based on the attire and hair styles, we think it's early 80's.  Also based on consensus, our brother had whispered something hysterically funny right before the photographer snapped the photo.  This is a keeper for sure and I'm so glad my sister posted it.  Yes, that's me on the right.  My hair is curly from being permed.  That's one of the things that helped us narrow the timing of the photo.



I've had a call from both sons - one is due here any minute (though his 'time frame'  is often subject to last minute revisions).  I've enjoyed a leisurely, somewhat lazy morning of good coffee, watching The Good Wife on Amazon Prime (FREE!) and tidying up my desk.

My sweet husband made me breakfast and just got home from church and Costco shopping and is making me lunch.

Son #1 asked what I was doing today and I replied 'probably working a bit later'.....he said 'Mom, take a day off!'.  I know....and I am sort of.  The system is probably still down at work so I sort of have to....glad they took it down for their monthly maintenance one week later than originally planned 'cuz it gives all of us mom's a reason to not work today!

Happy Mom's day to all - and especially to my Mom in heaven.  Miss you, Mom!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...