Friday, April 05, 2013

Pics!

I just had to wake up J. to tell him that there are new pics of B.'s unit - including one of B. FRONT & CENTER!  So, so happy to see him!  I was pretty sure the guy in the front middle was him in one of the shots - he looks quite a bit different - thinner - and he has his 'stern Army face' on....and then a few more pics in and he was the featured soldier receiving some kind of pin!  We are so excited to have a 'sighting' of him - and in only a couple weeks, we will be there to see him in person!  Can't wait.

Those pics were a wonderful way to start the day - a day when I had thought I might be off - and could be - but feel like there's plenty to do and I should take advantage of one more meeting free day and enjoy the last day of 'school's out' before we jump back in next week.  Hard to believe it's already April.

We have lots of errands planned this weekend and working around the house.  I'm taking some of my nicer 'clothes I don't wear anymore' to a consignment shop next week just to see what that's like.  I don't know if they will sell (but think they will) and it's worth a try.  If the payoff is less than I would get as a write off, we'll just donate everything....

Our garden is going great and the backyard is really looking nice.  We threw flower seeds in the two raised beds and they are already starting to sprout.  The tomatoes are growing like crazy and have plenty of blossoms already.

I just love Spring - it's my favorite.

H. will be house sitting (not staying here but visiting daily) while we are in Georgia so I'm working on making lists for him of the daily 'must-do's'.

Seeing my eldest son was just what I needed to start the day renewed!  Thankful for Facebook!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...