Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Resting

It occurred to me as I drifted off to sleep last night that perhaps the lower back pain that has plagued me since Friday just may not be due to eating pizza on Friday night.  Cheese and I no longer speak to each other - so I assumed that consuming dairy (and a lot of dairy - for me, these days at least) was the cause of the ache.  Things move slower than they used to - age is a wonderful thing....

Anyway...so I considered that perhaps I have not been feeling 'great' for quite a few days due to some kidney something or other...

And I am right!  Trip to doctor today confirmed an infection that (based on the pain) is surely in my kidneys.  I feel 'bad' and am actually relieved to have a reason to feel so bad.  'Cuz I was an emotional twit most of the weekend and had moments when I thought I was truly just losing it...when in fact, my body was not well and not feeling well is always harder on you than you give yourself credit for.  At least that's my experience.

It's been an eventful morning around here - more on that later.  J. went to pick up my meds so I can take them and rest - and hopefully feel much better by this time tomorrow.

Here's hoping.

Change is always a good thing, even when it's unexpected.  Let the new adventures begin....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...