Sunday, October 02, 2011

Fried

It's been a busy and relatively productive weekend here. We made more progress on The Great Garage Culling of 2011 and are pretty close to the place we usually end up: screw the garage sale! Yesterday, J. took a HUGE amount of stuff to Goodwill - stuff that we knew would sell. But we are just not garage sale people. I'd much rather just donate and deduct - true, cash in pocket would be lovely but the amount of work required for that is just not something we can do. Our weekends are booking up quickly and winter looms. If we wait for a 'good' weekend, it will be spring. There will be a lot more stuff in the garage sale bins if we wait until spring. So we are just going to donate and write off!

My biggest accomplishment this weekend is that thanks to The Pioneer Woman, I now can make a chicken fried steak that is better than any restaurant version on the planet! Chicken fried steak is my favorite 'eating out' meal - and homemade is so much better. Not as greasy. Delicious dinner early - B. works at 6:30 so we wanted to get him fed before he heads out. And I always prefer to eat early.

I've also been working at home today and love it when the 'remote-in' system is up and running. It's sometimes a crap shoot but today it worked like a charm and I got a lot of stuff done that's been on my to-do list for awhile. I have a busy week ahead and will work some very long days this week in preparation for the board meeting next week but I made a dent in some stuff at home and that's great!

Tonight is 60 Minutes and Andy Rooney's last segment. Then Amazing Race. And Good Wife! Good thing I made homemade Starbucks iced tea 'cuz if I'm staying up that late, I'm going to need the caffeine.

The only errand I didn't get to is going to WalMart for a few toiletries. B. and J. both need hair gel. I was so desperate, that I let B. use my Awahpui hair mousse from Paul Mitchell - the salon I go to. He loves it so much that he practically wants to bathe in it. Says it makes him look incredibly handsome - and it smells really good, too. Oh well. I can probably find it at Target and keep him supplied. And I use a pea size amount of the styling pomade for mine and that container will probably last me the rest of my life. I like to try new products and I like my stylist to get 'credit' for selling me product. And all in all, for a Paul Mitchell salon, their prices are incredibly reasonable.

J. has been walking down memory lane going through the bag of pictures from his parents. He's been scanning a good chunk of the day and posting on Facebook to torture his cousins with really old pictures of themselves! They all seem to be taking it good naturedly, so far.

Back to my homework before 60 Minutes starts.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...