Sunday, October 30, 2011

All Hallow's Eve Eve

Twas the night before Halloween...and all through the house...many frightening occurrences are occurring.

I have to head upstairs and confirm the outfit I plan to wear - not exactly a costume but still Halloween-ish - is ready for morning. Have to set my alarm for the first time in over two weeks. Frightening! How appropriate for the festivities tomorrow.

J. asked my schedule this week - drives to/from County Office or Sacramento? - sort of synchronizing our watches. And I had to tell him 'I have no idea what my calendar looks like'. And then I looked. Also frightening. There's a price to be paid when others have access to your calendar and can book away while you are not there to defend yourself.

I did take some time yesterday to put together an updated 'to do' list, including many items that are 'absolute highest priority'. How many of those items is 'reasonable'? Not many, after glancing at my schedule for tomorrow.

B. ran in an obstacle course 'race' of some kind today. He came home absolutely filthy dirty - 'it was a mud bath, mom. It was awesome!' - and exhausted. He headed straight upstairs to the shower and now I'm afraid to look in there....'cuz in 8 hours, I will be showering in that same shower. Another frightening thing....

H. got fired from his job today. I fired him. I transferred what we owed him - net a fraction of what he owes us - and then I fired him. I will spare you all the details...but I'm done managing him as a job. I'm done tracking his (sometimes) lackluster efforts at 'working'. He did less than 4 hours this week - and got all up in arms that his dad and I hadn't tracked it all down to the minute and documented same. So I decided 'screw this'. And I fired him. Shortly after firing him, I took back (again, yet again) his debit card and his Chevron card. The kid is on his own. And I also found the 'source' of why I think he never gets called back for anything - found his MySpace page on Google and I'm reasonably sure that once someone sees that very old page (a part of his former life), they decide not hiring him is the best option.

I am so glad I have only eight work days until a four day weekend. I need a vacation to recover from my vacation....

I already feel exhausted...

And tomorrow, I have to put on makeup for the first time in over two weeks - again, frightening. Not as scary as Paranormal 3, by any means....but still, spackling this aged visage is no walk in the park. I'm considering Botox. Yes, really.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...