Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Day I Cried About a Bucket of Chicken

Wow...what a day....

I will always remember this 2nd to the last day of my 40's as the day I teared up at the thought of a bucket of fried chicken.

We were at H.'s appointment for close to FIVE HOURS. What an experience.....history was shared. Decisions were considered, discussed, re-considered, re-discussed - and then decisions were finalized in hugely rapid order. Shocking all of us. We backed up a bit, re-discussed and have a plan.

On the way home, we tried to decide what to have for dinner. I suggested a bucket of fried chicken. Raley's had a great 'deal' - a 16 piece bucket of awesome fried chicken for $9.99. J. hesitated. And within seconds, it hit me. We don't need a 16 piece bucket of chicken....because H. won't be home for awhile.

On the last day of my 40's, we will return to where we spent the day today - and we will be leaving H. there for an as yet undetermined in-patient stay.

On the day before I officially turn 50, we are taking our just turned 17 year old to rehab.

I teared up at the thought of a bucket of chicken....how we can't eat that much chicken without the never-ending appetite of son #2.

I miss him already......

Please pray.

3 comments:

susan said...

Hugs and prayers for your family. This must have been an agonizing decision, one not taken lightly. However, your strength as parents shines through.

Sandra S said...

Mindy, I am crying along with you. Take care....my heart is breaking over this.

Sandra S. said...

Mindy, I am crying along with you. I remember all of the stories about H. when he was a little guy.

My heart is breaking. Stay tough...you'll get through this.

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...