Saturday, June 26, 2010

Black Screen

My laptop is dead. As in doornail dead. Blue screen of death....followed oh so instantly by the black screen of nothingness. I rushed it straight to the computer repair guy and pretty much begged him to at least do everything humanly possible to recover my Microsoft Money file off the dead hard drive. Praying he can do more than that....and will pay whatever it takes.

I'm on J.'s computer - which is a desk top computer. I'm not used to this keyboard - the word 'used' was initially typed as 'sued' and then I realized my fingers weren't tapping correctly and fixed it. It's going to be a few days full of typos, friends.

I've been saying for months that I need one computer for the games I play and another for 'business' - Internet, banking, etc. I may get my wish....

I feel unhinged without that laptop....maybe I have a 'dependency' problem of my own to deal with.

I finally went to see Sex and the City 2 yesterday and while I didn't love it as much as the first movie, it was OK. The reviews are accurate: the story line is weak (non-existent sort of) but then again, it is really about the 'continuation' of the story of the girls and their lives and that in itself IS the story....so it was OK. A little bit 'odd' in the whole 'Middle East' venue - but it made for some interesting moments. Glad I went alone. B. actually said that if he hadn't been working yesterday, he would have accompanied me - and I think there were a lot of scenes that would have been hugely uncomfortable to be watching on the big screen with my teenage son in the seat next to me. So glad I went solo.

We are heading out to see H. soon - our counselor just called and he had a 1PM cancellation - so now we can be there an hour earlier and spend an hour talking through 'the plan' for H.'s discharge next week. There's a lot to discuss.....

My corner of the office looks naked without my silver laptop on the desk. I'm heading back over there now to continue to massive re-org I've been working on for several days. I've done a ton of shredding, a ton of recycling and massive filing, etc. It's improving....slowly. Paper is my nemesis.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...