Saturday, November 07, 2009

Disconnected

We have no Internet at Chez Majah this weekend.....I've been resorting to cleaning my own bathrooms (the shock); scouring my own bathtub (the horror); and a lot of other things that aren't nearly as fun as surfing the web and tending my various farms. We hope to be reconnected by Tuesday evening at the latest.

The tile floors and carpet look fantastic! Like new. The job they did - especially on the tile grout - is truly phenomenal. I'm torturing everyone by making them take off their shoes when they walk in the front door. We look like a Japanese restaurant now with shoes lined up in the entry way. I don't care! The floors look AWESOME and I'd like to keep them that way for as long as possible. At least until Thanksgiving.

J. and I are here at our local Starbucks, on our 2nd round of lattes. The boys are out and about this evening - B. is at a band rehearsal and hanging out with a friend visiting home from Sonoma State. H. is at Girls Treat, heading on a party bus to Capitola with 20 of his closest friends. We paid $3.99 for two hours of connection - which should be free, but our AT&T Internet ID's are not working. We are in 'limbo' between moving back to AT&T HighSpeed Internet from AT&T UVerse. It's like we don't exist....and it's been interesting to see how two divisions of the same company can mess something up. Though we have to say the young lady that tried to help J. yesterday afternoon (I got the feeling he was practically begging her to figure something out so he could avoid the whole 'I have to tell Majah we don't have Internet for the next FOUR DAYS' discussion) really, truly did everything possible to help. She even tried to just get us DIAL UP for the weekend - which totally would have sucked but would have been better than nothing. Just barely. So we paid for connectivity here - and at least we're 'online' for a couple hours tonight. We have church tomorrow morning and then I'll go into my office for a bit - so I can connect there. Can't farm there, though....bummer.

So I've confirmed our credit card payments posted; tended to my Facebook farm and apartment and am enjoying a Cinnamon Dulce latte and a rice krispie treat. Checked emails. Read a couple blogs. All the normal Internet-y things that fill the time.

I have many posts 'in process' and will hopefully have more time to write next week. We have Veteran's Day off - a nice treat after a board meeting day which are always really long....

Back in a few days....take care!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...