Monday, November 09, 2009

(Continuing to be) Disconnected

It's Monday afternoon, approaching 4:30. I left work at just after 3 - I was in very early today and tomorrow is a 12+ hour board meeting day, so I don't feel a bit guilty about leaving 'early'.

And I'm at Starbucks again getting in a couple hours of Internet before heading home briefly and then out the door again to a work social thing. It's always something.

I sort of like this 'routine'. Get a beverage; find a table; pay $3.99 and enjoy a couple hours just catching up on blogs, bill paying, etc. It's fun. I could get used to this...and it makes The Internet something you block/budget time for instead of realizing that you've surfed for a long, long time and are totally unaware of the passing of time whilst doing it. Maybe a 'forced' 2 hour per day every couple of days' is the way to go.

Though I am missing my farm...I'll be checking shortly.

I just miss J....it's more fun to hang out at the 'cafe' with my best friend. He's on his way home from SF shortly.

We have Wednesday as a mid-week day off! Love that!! and even J. (who hasn't previously gotten that holiday but through the miracle of [yet another] merger, DOES!) will be home with us!! Pancakes! mid-week!! Yippee!!

We hope to have Internet back tonight sometime. If not tonight, probably (hopefully) tomorrow.

Later, friends. Need to harvest my crops!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...