Monday, August 17, 2009

Health

The health care debate rages on - at this point, I'm so confused, I'm just curling up in the corner with my thumb in my mouth and giving up on ever understanding it. I was fine - following along nicely - until yesterday's news that now, President Obama may 'give up' on the government run program. Huh? Isn't that the entire point of a program that provides 'insurance for all'? If you leave it up to insurance companies to insure people, people are going to get screwed. Isn't that how we ended up where we are?

In any event, our house is a constant stream of news...my husband is a political news junkie. There, I've said it. And as irritating as some of the noisy clatter is, there are some points in every day around here where he's just as noisy and just as clattering as the far right that irritates him so vehemently.

Yesterday, I proclaimed 'I'm ready to move to Mexico and just get out of this whole mess'. To which he replied (thoughtfully) 'hmm, I wonder what their health care system is like?'.

My reply: 'I don't know but I'll be too drunk to care'.

Which made him laugh.

I love making him laugh.

2 comments:

DLB said...

The health care system in Mexico is "just take one more sip of Tequila and you won't care what else is wrong." LOL!

Majah said...

True - hence the 'too drunk to care'....beers at 10AM followed by Miami Vice's the rest of the day - oh, to dream.

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...