Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fired Up

B. is like a new person these days....he's absolutely LOVING school and comes home all excited about his day. He loves all his classes and says he's even starting to enjoy his theater class. He thought it would be about performing - and it's not. It's about the history of theater versus acting. But he's even getting into THAT. It's been such a pleasant change to have him happy (relatively speaking) and all fired up inside. What a difference. He's been more conversant, more helpful, less angst filled, etc. Hope it sticks.

H. is the exact opposite of all of the above - an angst filled, pissed off high school junior. We've walked this road before so we know how it goes...and that does make it easier this time around. Thank goodness for that.

It's been a hectic week as most week's are around here...but even more so because we've been dealing with the treatment plan for Snow, our big white/gray tabby. He was diagnosed with diabetes last week and this morning, at 5:45 AM, we gave him his first injection of insulin. It didn't go as smoothly as we'd hoped - I had to hold him while J. did the injection and he was not happy about that AT ALL. He high-tailed it upstairs to his under-the-bed hiding place and is not speaking to us. We are periodically checking on him for signs of hypoglycemic reaction - lethargy, seizure, etc. - he seems fine. Alert. And pissed off. Good signs, I guess. Hopefully, he's going to start feeling a lot better and we will get into an easier routine. I'm up early most days and I'm hoping I can learn to do it and get it done by 5AM daily - we'll see. They say they get into a routine about it eventually and won't be as 'upset' about it. I hope so. We are committed to trying - though the $125/month this is estimated to cost us is a bit of a shock. But we'll manage.

I'm heading to work shortly for another long day but I am making progress on our year-end process. Sure helps to have so many people helping me this year vs. last year's 'on my own entirely' routine. We're making strides and the teamwork is evident. Very welcome change.

Off to the races (rat race) again.

A shout out and thanks to my sister K. who helped me through a rough patch yesterday. Love the e-cards and the support - and YOU, K. You're a blessing in my life -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...