Monday, August 17, 2009

Newness

So, I have a new boss. He is revolutionizing the place...and keeps me busier than I ever was - and I've always been pretty damn busy. Really like him. He's terrific. But wow.....

I have no time to write. No time to relax. Just stuff upon stuff upon stuff. I'm adjusting. As well as can be expected. Reminding myself that all things new are hard at first - change is hard. Hard adjusting to new expectations; new things to do and to think about. New challenges.

I'm on day 21 of the last 22 days - that is not a typo. I have only taken one day off in the past three weeks. Year-end stuff. 'Nuf said.

I bought Mega Millions tonight 'cuz I'm going to win. I will then give one month's notice (generous, I think considering we'd have $54 million AFTER taxes in the bank and I won't need to work ever again when we win) and then be done with it. I love my work - but I would not work if I did not have to. Would you?

B. starts college tomorrow. I just wrote down his schedule for him 'cuz the print out is not that clear....and because I know the campus like the back of my hand and can help him find where he's going. Printed a map for him - he should be home from work shortly. He's got 26 hours at work this week - and then school. Welcome to the real world. I sort of feel a little sad - realizing his childhood is officially over. It's now work and school for him - then work and work for another 5 decades or so. Poor kid.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...