Sunday, October 20, 2019

Goodbye for Now

My alarm went off at 4:55AM this morning and my body/mind did a huge WTF!.  While getting up that early used to be a daily thing M-F, it is rare post-retirement and boy, howdy did I feel it.

J. and H. left for the Oakland airport just after 5:30AM.  J. parked and got H. checked in and to security before he headed to his car.  He's pretty emotional about the departure - he and H. are each other's bestie so...it's a hard goodbye for them.  Hard goodbye for me, too - but I mostly feel excited for H.'s new adventure(s) and fresh start.  He's needed a reboot for a long time and as the departure day approached and he worked on packing and sorting through his room, he said he was just getting  more and more excited.  I'm glad he left feeling exhilarated and ready 'cuz if he had been super sad and upset, my heart would have broken more than a little bit.

But he's off in high spirits and will be there in a few hours.  He'll text us, I'm sure.  At least I hope so.

I toyed with going back to sleep but decided I'd rather take a nap later so I tried to help J. out with laundry.  I've noticed when I get a fresh bath towel that there aren't many in the linen cupboard and I've been thinking 'well of course, we packed them'.  No, we did not.  They were in H.'s room - SO MANY TOWELS.  I've done two loads so far and there are still some left.  We'll dry them, fold them and put them in a box for the moving van 'cuz we have enough to get us through - being a house of just us two has it's advantages.

The wire transfer was in our account mid-afternoon on Friday so we are officially no longer the owners of our Tracy house.  (I'm half expecting the new owners to show up today for a visit - Sunday seems to be their day off.  I doubt they will show up unannounced but we'll see).  We need to notify our insurance company that we are officially renters at this point - we already have a renter's policy in place.

Today will be more packing.  I'm trying to have extra inertia this upcoming week to compensate for the five days we will have 'away' this coming weekend.  Still not sure we will go but we probably will.  We've got a lot of stuff ready to take up and the more we take now, the easier the final trip up will be in early November.

Safe travels, H. .  You have been a huge help these past few months and we can't thank you enough for all the work you've done to help us ready the house for sale and get things packed up.  This fresh start is your chance to reboot - so do it!  Just do it!  We love you and are always here for you.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...