Monday, May 27, 2019

We Just Lost the Moon

County Office email is still down which means the servers are still down...which means I likely won't be working today and have officially lost three work days towards the budget. 

I feel like the astronauts on Apollo 13 - 'we just lost the moon' - 'cuz at this point, my only option is to cancel my/our trip to Reno next weekend and add back those work days. 

I am bummed (to say the least).  But I know what complexities are still out there to be done and at the moment, I can't see my way clear to 'lose' a second weekend of work to take off and head to Reno.

With that in mind, though, I will head in tomorrow with clear focus and plow through to see how far I get. 

It's a somewhat cold, cloudy day here - late May and wearing a sweatshirt. 

I'm going to continue to work on things around the homestead.  We packed up most of the Cow Parade figurines on Saturday - they are boxed and ready to head to storage.  I've almost emptied the entire study closet - also packed and ready for storage.  I get discouraged because the amount of stuff we have to go to storage exceeds what we can take in our cars - and J. and his friend R. are planning a trip, too - but who knows when/if that will happen. 

Still, I'm going to continue packing - feels good to see the house 'lightening' a bit and I like getting stuff done -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...