Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bird Watching

The backyard is full of birds helping themselves to the seed we put out.  After a few weeks of a steady supply of peanuts and various seeds, the Blue Jays are starting to 'fill out' a bit.  They looked bedraggled and thin when they started but now, they're looking full and happy.  They've been joined by lots of smaller birds and we're enjoying the variety. 

We purchased a new vertical planter from Costco and I'd said I would get rid of the potting bench to make room for it - but I'm not letting the potting bench go.  It's got a seed 'tray' on it and I love watching the birds from my desk. 

We're afraid to try the vertical planter 'cuz it's not what we were expecting.  I'll try to post a picture soon to show you what it looks like and we will eventually try it because I was hoping to grow some veggies in it - and maybe herbs!

It was a good and busy day at work although it ended with a budget model I was uploading into the system having a complete failure - and (unusually), our COE took forever to get back to me.  I just saw an email that it's 'fixed' though I'll have to do the upload again tomorrow - but that's not a big deal.

My sister and her hubby are traveling and are spending the night in Texas tonight - got caught in a super bad storm.  They are traveling near where our brother lives so she's going to spend some time with him at his new house!  Can't wait to hear about it!

I'm already feeling ready for sleep and it's not even 7PM yet. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...