Monday, February 12, 2018

It was Snowing! Really!

What a great time in Reno!  I played 10 hours of slots on Saturday - 2 hours at Thunder Valley in Sacramento and then 8 hours straight (minus a 20 minute dinner break) and was even at the end of that marathon day.  So much FUN!  Nice people, a couple Blue Moons, lots of wins that kept me going. 

Sunday was more of the same though not as lucrative - I was down at the end of the day but still had gambling money left. 

My car is a beast!  I love, love, LOVE it.  The drive up was so 'easy' - it has plenty of get up and go and it never had any issues.  Prepping for the trip, J. helped me by reading up on my car.  The car has two engines - the hybrid and a gas engine.  AND come to find out, it has a third engine in the back that kicks in when needed for more power.  I felt so much more secure on hills with the RAV vs. the Mariner -

I woke up this morning to a city blanketed in snow - I realized late yesterday that snow was a possibility and was sort of worried about the drive home - but I had cables in the back if needed.  The car was pulled into the hotel entrance driveway from the valet lot and it was covered in snow.  Snow on the car was a new thing - it really felt like the visibility was weird with white caked around the window.

The drive home was uneventful - and I drove in falling snow!  It was even 'heavy' for a little bit but the RAV just kept doing her thing.  I really felt way more 'secure' in her vs. the Mariner - felt like the tires just 'gripped the road' better.  I wasn't nervous once I got moving and the drive was fine.  Not a long time in falling snow and really didn't have any issues. 

Stopped at Thunder Valley again on the way back and got home a little after 4. 

We were supposed to have a 'talk' with the people living here with us but as usual, that didn't happen.  They had to dash out to help a friend by watching her (the friend's) daughter for a bit - but they're still not home and I'm fading fast.

My boss had the flu the latter part of last week - and his assistant has pneumonia and a collapsed lung.  The flu bug is super nasty -

A busy week ahead.  Tons of stuff to take care of and days full of meetings.  A typical week. 

Already planning a return trip to Reno in early April.  I have one of those training sessions in Sacramento and I think I could head up from there on Friday night and spend three nights.  (I like to be there for a full day Sunday 'cuz they do cash drawings at 1, 3 & 5PM every Sunday).

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...