Sunday, February 04, 2018

IIWII

Welcome to Majah's Zoo.  Partly an adjective and mostly a noun.

It is what it is.  New mantra.  Possibly matching tattoos for me and J. .  I'm wish I was kidding.

We've been joined by Nala and Mufasa, two cats (sisters).  Nala is white and gray with a heart pattern on her back - super shy and nervous.  Mufasa matches her name (in demeanor vs. gender) - she is brave and bold.  She and Chloe have already come nose to nose and I think Fasa (I'm already nicknaming them) is surprised to meet a canine who is so chill.  Fasa has been all over the house including coming into the study once already.  Nala is terrified under the bed and I'm heading up in a moment.

Phoebe is a guinea pig who is urgently attempting to exit the 40 gallon home she has.  It's a palace for a hamster but she's chewing on the edges of the frame and when she exposes the glass edge?  I'm not sure what happens next.

There's also two lizards - one is named Sunshine - but I don't know the other one's name.

It's a zoo, I tell you.  A complete zoo.

The kids are heading back to the apartment to load up the truck with furniture.  Storage is already pretty full so our garage will be jam-packed for awhile.  J. is going to get us on the list for a (much) larger storage unit.  Then supposedly the kids will head back to the apartment again and continue cleaning out.  I offered to go help - but J. said 'no, you will freak out'.  Barely anything packed.  Dirty dishes in the sink.  All these weeks, they've done nothing.

I think R. is very depressed.  It sounds like the actions of someone just completely overwhelmed and sad.  She's had weeks to get things organized and packed.  But she's done virtually nothing - and H. has apparently come home from his days of working and done what he can whilst trying to help his girlfriend keep herself together.

We found out yesterday - had zero knowledge of any of this - that she really only has custody one day a week now.  She was asked to meet her ex and his lawyer in the lawyers office and was 'forced' to sign away custody, basically?  I'm unclear how/why that happened and why she didn't just get up and walk out vs. signing?  And now I'm worried that things really aren't that 'great' for her (as a parent?) and perhaps the kids shouldn't be with her?  I don't know what to think - I really don't.  Her lawyer had quit (moved from private practice to a new law firm - so didn't 'quit' R.'s case, just made a career move) and she had no lawyer so she just didn't fight and didn't know to just get up and walk out.  Or she realized it was best?  I don't know.

So she has the kids every Friday night.  Which explains why she's been telling us that Friday night family dinners are the best night - 'cuz it's the only night she has them.

It's been a super stressful day - blow ups first thing in the morning that we smoothed over - but the drama is just unbelievable.  And I've told H. (in a phone call) that he needs to just be aware that all the drama that occurred today can't be our 'new norm'.  No way.  I realize it's a hard transition but when it's the adult woman (and mom of the kids who are moving in) losing it?  Not good.

If I had a high blood pressure issue, I'd be needing support right about now.  And J. deserves to be Father of the Year 'cuz he's holding it together and is at the apartment doing what he can to help.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...