Sunday, June 11, 2017

Kew Gardens, Here We Come!

Two tickets to London and hotels in London and Paris are booked!  We are super excited...though for the first time ever, I hesitated ever so slightly when it came time to click 'book' on the British Airways site.  These are scary times we live in and it did give me pause.  But then J. reminded 'we could just as easily be killed by a drunk driver so...'.  When our time is up, it is up.  Period.  And we're not letting fear stop us from going and doing.  So come mid-October, here we go!

So top of my list in London is visiting the Kew Gardens to see the 'human beehive' installation - a large metallic bee hive sculpture that uses lights to represent the bee activity.  I can't wait to see it after reading about it since it was first installed a year or so ago.

J. and I trekked to Costco together - $375 later we were home.  The lady at the check out counter knows him - only this time, he had to tell her 'cart and all this on the belt'.  (He usually just arranges everything in the cart and they scan and he's done).  I said 'he brought me - I'm the stuff on the belt'. Some of which we will be taking back.  I buy things to see the fit and when they don't fit, they get returned.

R. moves into her new apartment today so we haven't seen H. all weekend.  There's a lot of drama again with H. and I'm struggling with myself - waffling between warm, supportive understanding and pissed off fed up rage.  There's not much in between.  I know I shouldn't be that way but there's just so many things that are just so ridiculous.  Hard to be supportive of someone who's lied to your face repeatedly for months.

I think I'm going to enjoy a day at Thunder Valley chasing the Thunder Strike jackpot - it's a pretty day for a drive and I'm ready to WIN BIG!!  (Come on karma - come on!).

No comments:

Cooked

Actually cooked something for dinner this evening - trying to do a better job of using what we have and planning meals.  It's a small th...