Friday, June 23, 2017

Ahhh It's So Quiet

Vacation is officially commenced.  J. just left with Chloe who's going to the puppy spa for a few days.  J. is then going to Costco.  The house is super quiet and it feels lovely to have it to myself.

J. said 'H. said he'd be here soon'.  My reply, which is now the standard:  'I'll believe it when I see it'.

I'm totally zen about H. most of the time lately by simply pretending he doesn't live here.  Which is pretty easy to do 'cuz he's so rarely here these days.  Comes and goes as he pleases and I just ignore it 'cuz what difference will getting all cray-cray make?  I just hope R.'s divorce is final soon and then he can move in with her.  We'll see how rosy the relationship is when he's living with two preteens two weeks of every month.  Neither R. nor H. seem to be making any progress on being gainfully employed.  But H. hasn't asked us for $ in a while so...guess he's being supported by her these days.

It's maddening but it is what it is.  H. had a chance to be hired as a sub custodian in the district I work for - the MOT director practically begged him to apply.  But he didn't.  And when the MOT director asked me today 'what's up with him?', I replied 'not my problem.  He's an adult.  He does what he wants'.

All of that would be easier if he weren't living here....and I can feel (my) tension building as it begins to simmer again that he's completely taking advantage of us as parents.  But I have a roof that's paid for regardless so if he comes and goes and sometimes rests his head here, OK.  For now.

We're having mini tacos for dinner - have to heat up the oven but oh well.  I'm going to get pretty much packed for Reno tonight so we can head out 9ish tomorrow - we're making a stop at Thunder Valley for an early lunch and I will do a little play (freeplay!) - and then we'll head  to Reno.  Richard Marx concert tomorrow night.  J. is playing golf Sunday morning so I will drop him off and go exploring a bit.

We have no idea when we are coming home which makes it super great 'cuz H. will have no way of planning any shenanigans.  We may be home in one day.  Maybe two.  Maybe the week.  Maybe turn around and come right home after Thunder Valley.  Who knows?  The world is our playground and we're going to do whatever we want, when we want.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...