Friday, April 03, 2015

And the Doctor Said

Chatting with my cousin on Wednesday morning and describing how miserable I felt....and she said 'go to the doctor'.  Sounded like a good idea....though I really was sure it was 'flu' vs. anything else - the 'my skin hurts' feeling is almost always viral and flu. My plan was to just gut it out -

But I made the appointment online while (still) Facebook chatting with her -

The doctor took one look at my raging ears and listened to my lungs and said 'bronchitis and double ear infection'.  Antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine.

I asked if he'd give me a note for work 'through the week'...thinking/meaning through today, Friday. But he wrote the note for a full week so as of now, I'm not to return to work until Wednesday 4/8. I've already made an appointment for early Monday morning to get my ears rechecked and hopefully get a note that allows me to go to work on Monday.  As it stands now, I'm not sure - still unsteady on my feet and coughing quite a bit.  But I am eating a bit and that's helping some - I really ate very little for most of five days.

I don't think I have a fever today (first time since Monday) and while I don't feel great, I have been downstairs all of today (so far) and did manage to get showered, too.

Hubby has been doing everything he can to help - runs out whenever any craving hits that I might be inclined to eat - and then is patient when I eat one or two bites and call it done.  Last night, a Raley's meatloaf and mashed potato dinner hit the spot and today, I've had breakfast and lunch so far.

We are keeping Easter uber low-key.  H. is totally ambivalent about a holiday dinner so I think we're going to roast a chicken and then I will glaze a ham steak we have.  Chicken, ham, stuffing, green bean casserole and something TBD for dessert.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...