Sunday, August 08, 2010

Week?

Has it really been a week? Really? Wow......went quickly. And yet painfully slowly, too.....

I got a haircut today - have needed one for weeks but can never wedge it in. My hair lady (who I waited for - it's Great Clips so if you want a particular person, you have to wait for them to be done. It was my turn when this guy [who had been waiting for a specific person for some time] gave up and asked my person to cut his hair - he didn't want to wait anymore for 'his' lady to be available. So that was an 'extra' 20 minute wait. Oh well.) told me it had been 17 weeks since I was last there - so I had to confess that it's been about 8 week since my last haircut 'cuz I tried the new Super Cuts by our house. Didn't like it one bit and promised to never do that again. She gave me a great, cute haircut for the bargain price of $13. I tipped her well - $5. Still a bargain compared to the $55 haircuts of 'before the worst economic crisis since The Great Depression. I think our kids will be calling it The Great Recession. We've lived through it!

And while we're on the subject of generous tipping. On Friday, I went out for dinner with some friends of mine - people in the same position as me at different districts throughout our county. We have been fast friends for a long time - and we periodically get together for dinner and beverages. We had a great, fun time - so much so that 2 of the 3 of us needed ride homes from our husbands. I was one of them - it worked out great 'cuz he was returning home and driving right by where we were and had B. with him - so B. drove my car home and J. drove me home.

We had already settled our dinner bill - and were chatting and laughing so hard, we were all crying - and we decided to order another round of drinks. I picked up the tab for this round - it wasn't my turn to pick up the dinner bill and offering to buy drinks seemed reasonable. I pulled out all the cash I had - around $38 - and put it on the table....not really sure how much our additional 'bar' tab would be. After a lot more laughter and finishing our cocktails, our waiter returned - and I handed him ALL the money on the table. At the time, I sort of 'forgot' that I had taken everything in cash I had in preparation to pay the bill - and he picked it up and he seemed really excited about it - I said 'is it enough'? (again, I had no recollection of just how much it was) and he replied 'oh, yes, definitely!' It wasn't until the next morning, when I went to my wallet looking for a $20 bill I thought I still had that I realized I gave him $38 for a $18 (INCLUDING TIP) bill. Oh well. It's only money and he was very happy with that 'tip'. As well he should have been. Can't wait to go out with my friends again - sometimes, you just need to let your hair down! We sure had a great time -

My sweet sister sent me an e-card on Tuesday. It was a great 'support' card - just letting me know she was thinking of us/me. I remember thinking 'that's so sweet of her - and even better 'cuz things are going really well....so it's like a bonus card 'cuz I don't even NEED it'. (Not that I didn't love it - 'cuz I did - thanks, K.!). So, you know what had to happen.....

(to be continued).......

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...