Saturday, October 24, 2009

Swollen

H. had his wisdom teeth out yesterday...he has chipmunk cheeks and a bad attitude this morning. We wouldn't allow him to leave the house last night - he wanted to walk to the park to meet his friends - so he was hugely pissed off and went to bed after a lot of door slamming, etc. We said his friends were welcome to come here and 'chill' in the backyard, etc. But he steadfastly refused - making me wonder what in the heck they're doing at the park that they can't do here? I will be checking out his whereabouts and activities more closely in the next few weeks. I realize we're not the 'cool' house - but we're a fine place to come and visit a friend who's mouth is killing him and who's tired of eating yogurts, ice cream, etc. He's icing his cheeks and preparing for a friend to visit - his former girlfriend who still feels compelled to come 'take care of him' in spite of the fact that they haven't been a couple for some time....sort of news to me but his love life is a series of revolving doors and I sort of just lie low and stay out of it. Her impending visit got him to vacuum his room WITHOUT BEING ASKED - and in order to do THAT, he had to pick up all the stuff on his floor - so it's like a 'double bonus round' having her visit him today!

I am heading out to run a zillion errands - banking for Lions and for home; pet store for cat/dog/bird provisions; gas for my car; etc. I also need to go to Macy's this weekend - we are starting to do site presentations on the budget this week and I think I'd like to buy a couple nice outfits to wear - and maybe even a pair of low heels. I dreamed about 'new shoes' last night and take that as a sign that I need to/should 'dress up' a bit for these meetings. Macy's is having a huge sale and I have coupons - so I'll drive to Modesto later today and shop for a bit.

Beautiful clear blue skies today and 77 degrees! Lovely! The pumpkin maze in Lathrop is open and business is booming! Thinking of asking J. if he wants to go with me and get 'lost' in the maze....it's fun! Crowded, but fun!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...