Sunday, October 18, 2009

#1

Happy first anniversary to my sister and her hubby B.!! Having great memories of that wonderful day.....

Missing my own husband because he's in North Carolina for a good part of the week....missing him (he left this morning) and wishing him home.

The boys are on their best behavior when he's gone - they do everything I ask immediately, no guff, no delay. It's a wondrous thing when the 'I need to help my mom since my dad's not home' kicks in. Still, it's not worth it - I miss J. and it will be a long week without him. This 'single parent' thing is hard.

I brought home my 'office in a box' and am culling through things in preparation for a very busy week. I missed 2 1/2 days last week (sick) and have much to do. Hoping that's my 'sick time' for the winter.

Dinner is in the oven. Dog has been fed. I've tidied up the kitchen and done the chores that always wait until forever to get done - cleaned out the garbage disposal and cleaned out under the breakfast bar - making a bag of plastic bags for B. to take to his work's recycling bin. Soaking J.'s coffee pot clean with my super-blue coffee cleaner stuff. Cleaned out my milk frother.

Storm on the way - dark clouds and wind. We had a HUGE storm this past week - many trees across the city down, including a few on our street. Our potato bush was tilting badly but I told J. I thought it was just God's way of letting us more easily prune it back a bit...now we need to stake it up again or it may not make it through the winter.

I love the Internet 'cuz I can follow J.'s plane all the way to ....and from. Hurry home, my sweet. Miss you!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...