Monday, February 12, 2007

Follow-up

For the record - when we host a band rehearsal from 1-4 it ends AT 4. If you are the parent of a teenager attending this band rehearsal, you should be picking your son/daughter up shortly after 4. Not 5, not 'when they can'. FOUR.

I am a flexible person. But I already 'bent'/reinvented the rules to allow B. to have a band rehearsal, given that he has hours of homework to accomplish. To have a bunch of kids 'hanging out' here today was NOT the plan. Never was the plan, typically will not be the plan. We host ALL THE TIME 'cuz the other mothers 'don't like the noise'. I don't like the noise, either - and when it ends, finally, I want it to END. Not drag on with kids messing around in the garage - going in and out and in and out and tripping the garage door over and over - rehearsal is OVER. The rising panic in B.s face is evident. The rising worry in mine is evident, too. I am responsible for those kids until their parents arrive. If you can't get a ride home shortly after rehearsal ends, THEN DON'T ATTEND. If you must stay past the 'end time' - fine, but please have the courtesy to ask your parents to call me so I can know who is staying until when. That's all. Just let me know - instead of making me responsible for your kid until whenever you can get here to pick them up.

Rant done. Carry on.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...