Sunday, November 05, 2006

Soccer

Another season closed today. H.'s team came in 3rd for their league - a 'disappointment' only in that a crazy 'bracketing' set up forced them to play for 3rd or 4th even though they went into the last game with the 2nd highest 'points' from the playoff games. Strange thing, these bracketing rules. Still, the kids were good sports and played two great games, which they won. They had a fantastic season - the best H. has ever played - and the coaches this year were so incredibly outstanding. A husband and wife team and a retired Tracy HS coach and counselor as the assistant. They really worked hard at 'conditioning' the kids - lots of laps, sit ups, etc. and then the 'plays' to keep the ball moving. It was a great team - a couple of the kids we have had 'experiences' with before and weren't really looking forward to having them 'around' again - but all in all, not a bad season. H. has a new trophy to add to his collection and a team poster which we'll get framed.

The weekend flew by, as weekends usually do.

I got a call on Friday from the school district in Tracy and have an interview in a little over a week. Of course, the minute I hung up from the call, I started the usual 'ruminating' - 'why DID I apply for this job?'. 'How do you interview and persuade people to hire you when you're not really sure you want to leave - when you have a perfectly great job - why did you do this'??? Over and over. But it can't hurt to interview - certainly no commute is a HUGE plus. But it is hard to even think about leaving the college - my boss is in shock - not that I got an interview, 'cuz he knew I would. But shocked that it IS happening - I am interviewing. I am thinking of leaving. I know he hopes I won't get it or if I get offered, that I won't accept. And I can't tell him that I will - or that I won't - 'cuz I have no idea what I'll do. All I know is that I DO have an interview on 11/14 and WILL be interviewing for a job that is a step up - and so, so much closer to home. So we'll see.

B. passed his driver's permit test on the first try. On Wednesday, he has his first behind the wheel lesson, which is required to 'activate' his permit. After that, he can drive with us - and in fact MUST drive with us for at least 50 practice hours before trying for his license in 6 months. He is very excited about driving. J. took him to an industrial park today and they 'drove' around the parking lot for an hour - just B. getting used to what it feels like to turn, accelerate, brake, etc. J. said he did pretty well and he thinks his neck will be OK (that's a joke). And B. said 'it was really a rush' when he hit 20MPH. Great, I think - just wait till he feels what 50's like. Scary to me. I just have to hope for the best....and wait for the revised insurance bill which should arrive any day.

Signing off. Heading to bed soon. Another Monday looms larger than life - I hate Mondays. I really do. The transition between two days of 'not working' back to 'work' is so, so hard. Thankfully, this week is a short week since we have Friday off! YEAH.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...